Designing an SEO-friendly website means designing and developing the website according to the guidelines of the search engine. If you make the website search engine friendly, it would help you improve your ranking in the search engine.
A web page that is search engine friendly ranks higher on Google because the crawlers of the search engine can easily browse any page of the web page.
Once the crawlers have traversed the web pages of your web site, they place your page in the database and you get more benefits from the ranking.
After you have been indexed in the search engine database, the search engine displays your site at the top of the SERP when a relevant topic is searched by a user.
There are billions of people who browse the search engine every day, but less than 5% choose the second page to get their results.
Even the first page of the ranking is not enough, because the majority of clicks are for the first three places.
Here are some of the tips for designing SEO-friendly websites that would increase your traffic, revenue, and leads.
1. On-Page SEO
This is the first step to optimize your website because it is the SEO that is controlled by the web owner. Various strategies are included in on-page SEO and that plays an important role in the ranking.
The on-page SEO involves not only ranking your site on the first page but also improving the user experience. Here are some of the strategies that are included in on-page SEO:
- Keyword Research: This is the analysis process that requires you to find the keywords for your website that you would rank on. The keyword you select should have a low level of difficulty, a high volume, and a high CPC.
If this standard matches your keywords, it would be easy for you to rank in the search engine.
- Tags: The tags are also important to increase visibility. Different types of tags must be included on your site. The common tags are title tags, image alt tags, header tags, and the description that has been fulfilled.
- URL structure: The URL structure must be friendly enough for the user to understand what the article is about.
- Inbound and outbound links: Inbound links are important because they take the user to another page or post on the same website. Google always recommends the page that has more internal links for better user experience.
Outbound links are important because they provide the reference and increase the authenticity of the facts you write in your content.
- Responsive and mobile-friendliness: Without a responsive website, Google would not rate your site based on offering the maximum experience to the user. Similarly, much of the traffic is handled on the mobile phone, which is why mobile friendliness is important.
2. Off-Page SEO
Off-Page SEO refers to the SEO strategies that are used for the marketing and visibility of the website. The main purpose of off-page SEO is to obtain links from other websites.
Not only the links but also the social mentions that influence Google would classify your website.
Here are some of the strategies for off-page SEO of your site:
- Competition Analysis: Competition is important because the competition would help you to know how your competition would increase. Competition would help you to know the strategies of your competitors and by following them you can easily participate in the race of the leader board.
- Anchor text: Getting the backlink to the anchor text would help you outdo the keyword that is the anchor text.
- Backlinks: Backlinks are the links that are placed on other websites, but it shows the traffic and the source to your website. This is important because it would generate traffic to your website as well as increase the authority of your website.
Remember to get the backlinks from the authoritative websites that have less spam score.
- Guest Post: The guest post means introducing your website by writing about it and posting it on other websites many websites provide guest posting services, which would introduce your company to a new audience and more people would visit your site if you put the link.
3. Create unique content and avoid duplication
Content marketing is one of the most important aspects of SEO because all applications of SEO are applied to the content you post on the site. Thus, for example, the factors of on-page SEO are fully applicable to the content of the site.
There are several checks for content in SEO, as described below:
- Research: The article you post must be based on the articles you have researched because it is important to have authentic content if you want a permanent reader.
- Unique: Unique content is the key to avoid penalty and getting the ranking from the search engine. You should write the unique content and validate it by checking for plagiarism through a free plagiarism checker.
- Inviting: If your content on the site is inviting, it would generate more leads because more people would be interested in your writing. You should add a few FAQs, pros and cons, features, and other informative material to your writing.
4. Avoid Black Hat SEO
The black hat SEO should be avoided on your site, otherwise, Google could punish your site ruining all your efforts for ranking or increasing your traffic. Here are some of the practices that are included in the black hat SEO.
- Connected agriculture
- Sale and purchase of backlinks
- Content and links that are hidden
- Keyword stuffing and spamming
- Spider spiders
- Mirror pages and gates
- Hidden links on your website
The Black Hat SEO gives a bad impact on your site in the search engine. Many of the famous sites are blocked on Google due to the violation of Google. Google always recommends using the White Hat SEO.
Somehow, commenting on blogs and submitting articles is part of Black Hat SEO and to avoid punishment, you should avoid it.
Note: Purshology just acts as a publisher of this post.